The first workshop with weaving looms was bought in 1830. It started by producing and selling shirting fabrics, among others the famous “vichy” gingham checks. A few decades later Ernest Deveaux took over a factory in Saint Vincent De Reins in an area known as ” The spinning Mills”.
The flourishing textile industry in the area resulted in a steady growth until the 1950s, but after the closure of colonial markets, the industry in general went into crisis. During this period, Lucien Deveaux took over the company and with only 27 years, the company’s turnover reached almost 45 M € and a staff of 80 people.
In the early 70s, Deveaux began with an expansion strategy and bought three large factories located in several strategic points. A less favorable environment, in the early 90’s resulted in Deveaux taking over several additional factories in order to sustain the local textile industry. Nowadays, the turnover of Deveaux group amounts to 100 million euros, 60% of each is made through exports.
Deveaux Group is a combination of creativity and know-how.